A large Victory Garden in Milwaukee in 1918. In many parts of Wisconsin, County Extension Agents advised and supervised gardening efforts. They also taught and organized classes on food preservation to help people make the most of their harvests.
Read more about food conservation in World War I Wisconsin in “Food Will Win the War” from the Wisconsin Magazine of History.
via: Historic Photo Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
8 Notes/ Hide
- mymilwaukee reblogged this from milwaukier-than-thou
- milwaukier-than-thou reblogged this from wiscohisto
- spanglishandshakespeare likes this
- nomorepinkowls reblogged this from wiscohisto
- rachaelhosein likes this
- frolicingthroughlife reblogged this from wiscohisto
- mashl likes this
- wiscohisto posted this