Horse-drawn wagons delivered milk, eggs, and butter to homes in many parts of Wisconsin until the 1920s when they were replaced with trucks. In Milwaukee, Lambrecht Creamery wagons were a familiar sight. The creamery began in 1910 and operated until World War II when the rationing of gas made it challenging for dairy delivery companies to stay in business.
In this photo, several Lambrecht Creamery drivers line-up on the corner of N. 15th St. and W. Meinecke Ave.
via: “Remember When … ” collection, Milwaukee Public Library