Farmers Institute, March 1910, on Washington Street in Two Rivers, Wisconsin. Though the street scene has changed considerably, Schroeder’s Department Store and St. John’s Lutheran Church are still running strong in 2012.
Our guest curator this week is Jeff Dawson, director of the Lester Public Library in Two Rivers, Wisconsin. Using historic photos created by local resident Hubert R. Wentorf in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, combined with his own photography skills, Jeff has created a series of ‘then and now’ scenarios on the streets of Two Rivers. The ‘now’ photos were all taken on July 30, 2012.
see more: Search for “Wentorf” in the Wisconsin Heritage Online portal to see photographs of Two Rivers by Hubert Wentorf from the late 1800s up to the mid-20th century. Visit the Lester Public Library on Flickr to see images of Two Rivers people, places and events, all photographed by Jeff in the past five years.
Source: Flickr / lesterpubliclibrary
15 Notes/ Hide
- christopher212 reblogged this from wiscohisto
- aaailurophile reblogged this from wiscohisto
- blastonion reblogged this from wiscohisto
- thaliadiniz reblogged this from wiscohisto
- valkyrien likes this
- lovesgottheworldinmotion likes this
- heymynameisally likes this
- castielcito-has-fallen reblogged this from historicalawesomeness
- castielcito-has-fallen likes this
- thepokechop likes this
- nottheoldest likes this
- dara1992 likes this
- powerpowertaste likes this
- historicalawesomeness reblogged this from wiscohisto
- sillysadie97 likes this
- coolchicksfromhistory likes this
- This was featured in #History
- wiscohisto posted this