The Gottleib Burkhart family in their car, Kiel, Wisconsin, ca. 1910.
Mr. and Mrs. Gottlieb Burkhardt pose inside their open topped convertible along with their children Helen, Edgar and Calvin. A little dog sits on the step-up to the car.
We’re learning this week that dogs and hats were essential early 20th-century driving accessories.
via: Big Streets in a Little City - Downtown Street Scenes in Kiel, 1860-1980, Kiel Public Library by way of University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
16 Notes/ Hide
- juanlenc likes this
- kohlsmearedeyes likes this
- citylifechange23 reblogged this from wiscohisto and added:
- pftpast reblogged this from wiscohisto
- themonicabird likes this
- heaveninawildflower likes this
- 3beeralroh reblogged this from wiscohisto
- pastelandblack likes this
- rorobarlow reblogged this from wiscohisto
- manuelcoded reblogged this from wiscohisto
- vivaladalia likes this
- coolchicksfromhistory likes this
- This was featured in #History
- wiscohisto posted this