Girl Scouts practice archery at Camp Sunset Lake, Portage County, Wisconsin, ca. 1932.
And a drumroll please for our top post of the year! You all dug this one for the tough-chick, Hunger Games-esque vibe of these 1930s Girl Scout archers. A reblog from the great coolchicksfromhistory scored us some extra views.
Check out all of our top 12 posts in 2012.
gracefree said: If there’s one thing I’ve almost always wanted to learn….It’s archery. (I mean, all badasses know how to shoot, right?)
lindenn said: if we shot arrows, I’d have been a girl scout
birdwings said: I went to girl scout summer camp during my middle school years, and the one time we did archery, I hated it and proceeded to (purposely) suck at it. Wish I knew how to shoot a flaming arrow now. Thanks, Katniss.
bloolips said: girl scouts in the 1930s = badass
al3ayla said: Why wasn’t my girl scout troop this awesome?!
26 Notes/ Hide
- kimota-sage reblogged this from wiscohisto
- jasond605 likes this
- zuzus-petal-s reblogged this from wiscohisto
- myhopesaresohighhh reblogged this from cammamamma
- melroseantiques reblogged this from wiscohisto
- aussied likes this
- ickychick likes this
- foreverandever likes this
- smartchickscommune reblogged this from wiscohisto
- brooklyn-marie reblogged this from wiscohisto
- riponcollegeadmission likes this
- smartchickscommune likes this
- erissilet likes this
- dar-jeel-ing reblogged this from wiscohisto
- dar-jeel-ing likes this
- relle090 likes this
- kenia-53 likes this
- artemisinblackarchive likes this
- klemrock likes this
- kteethetopcat likes this
- jordansequillion likes this
- innercitycottage likes this
- frederickwiddowson likes this
- bonbon56 likes this
- cammamamma reblogged this from wiscohisto
- jazthesweetheart likes this
- landofsnowandstars reblogged this from wiscohisto
- smithsonianmag likes this
- wiscohisto posted this